Children at Ryarsh are taught to understand equality of opportunity and celebrating differences as positives.
To promote children's understanding of equality and diversity at Ryarsh Primary School we:
- Ensure that an inclusive environment is promoted that means every child, regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, age or disability is accepted and valued.
- Ensure children have an age appropriate understanding of healthy relationships.
- Provide opportunities for discussion and debate, learning how to respectfully put across opinions and value those of others.
- Ensure that children are taught about all religions through RE and are able to reflect on their own beliefs and respect other faiths.
- Ensure that the curriculum across all subjects are culturally diverse to reflect modern Britain.
For a copy of our Single Quality Scheme including Accessibility Plan, please click on the link below: